Senior Director of Finance, Polycom Global Services Inc.
April 2004 to August 2011
Polycom Global Services is a Division of Polycom Inc. the leading provider of video and voice conferencing products. Polycom Global Services, WW HQ in Andover, provides premier global support for all Channel Partners and Resellers around the world.
• Acquisition team leader for the Destiny acquisition completed January 2007. Assumed additional responsibility for the Telepresence and Vertical Solution products business unit created as a result of this acquisition.
• Report directly to the Sr. VP/GM of PGS and an active member of the PGS management team
• Implemented penalty program for late renewals allowing customers low cost of re-entry to get back under maintenance contract. This initiative helped improve renewal conversion rates and increased both bookings and deferred revenue streams.
• Seibel power user – Designed and deployed interactive Attach Rate Reports which allows flexible reporting to both channels and resellers on their install base performance. Reporting also identified lost opportunities for channel follow up.
• Successfully integrated three acquisitions since 2004 contributing to 153% business unit growth.
• Manage Sales Operations, including preparation of WW annual revenue and bookings plan, assignment of sales quotas and measuring achievement. Prepare all weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts in conjunction with the management team to ensure achievement of assigned targets.
• Successfully prepared, met or exceeded all global business plans and metrics since 2004.
• Manage staff of four WW – NA, EMEA, APAC Sr. FA’s
Manager International Finance, Genuity Inc.
December 2000 to 2003
Genuity International was a start-up business segment of Genuity, chartered with developing business in 15 countries. Responsibilities included the development of the annual business plan, operating budget, and periodic forecasts. Managed implementation of several international cost saving initiatives, developed numerous reporting process and controls, and supported the integration of acquired international businesses.
• Produced the monthly International Management Reporting book, including P&L’s by geography, extensive new business analysis, and management metrics used to gauge the business performance.
• Developed models that merged cost information from two stand-a-lone software packages to improve the accuracy and integrity of circuit costs and develop gross margin by customer analysis. As a direct result of findings from this analysis, teamed with operations management to develop and deploy a vendor management and quote desk team in Europe reducing annual customer local loop costs by over 15%.
• Created a VAT recovery program, which returned $1M of cash that was not reclaimed in two years.
• Integra (acquisition – Paris, France) –Integration manager for the services portion of the acquisition
• Directed the process to translate operational business and functional plans into a single, integrated financial operating plan and set the next year’s financial objectives.
Director of Financial Reporting and Analysis, Worldwide Services, PictureTel Corporation
1996 to 2000
Responsibilities include reporting of all financial results, actual vs. plan variance analysis, new business analysis, budgeting and forecasting. Established new subsidiaries and was the services financial advisor for strategic acquisitions. Staff of three.
• Identified and redirected all assets required to establish a new PictureTel subsidiary 1414C. Reconfigured Oracle and Hyperion specifications to support the new subsidiary. In support of the corporate strategy; this subsidiary was subsequently sold.
• Assisted the VP of Sales in establishing new sales compensation packages, global sales budgets, and forecasts for a newly formed services sales force.
• Redesigned the global reporting required for ESD. This included developing and modifying the existing software (Oracle and Hyperion) to accommodate a Product Line P&L format. Developed WW New Business reporting subsequently used to support the global revenue plan.
Sr. Financial Analyst, C.R. Bard, Inc.
1990 to 1996
Responsibilities included publishing the monthly financial reports, annual reports, and completion of the corporate tax package. Preparation of the annual international sales budget and support of R&D.
• Division Consolidation and Acquisition team leader for the integration of accounts receivable, customer service, and accounts payable departments.
• Rotation program - supervised A/P, Credit, and Payroll departments at various times during my tenure.
Master of Business Administration
Franklin Pierce University, Salem, NH
B.S. - Accounting, Magna Cum Laude
Franklin Pierce University, Salem, NH
Systems and Software:
Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, Siebel, Applix TM-1, Brios, Dimensional Insights, MS Office, Business Objects, and Lotus Notes.
Power User on most systems with extended training.